Philips DVD Recorder Format DVD

I recently got hold of a Philips DVDR725H DVD/HD recorder.

The only thing wrong with it is the harddisk was formatted at 80GB instead of 160GB. The DVDR725H(160Gb) is identical to the HDRW720(80Gb) apart from the HD size.

The service manual states that the disk can only be formatted using a special Philips format-dvd which also copies the democlips to the HD.

Format-dvd HDRW720 3122 785 90710 Format-dvd DVDR725H 3122 785 90740

I can't seem to track down such a DVD for my recorder, so any help is appreciated...

Reply to
AmF

Did you ever locate this service DVD? I need to re-format my HDRW720 disk. It has lost it's partition. (don't ask) I also have a good drive

- is there any way to clone it? Most standard programs I've tried don't work because it is a proprietary operating system. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
rbilliexx