VCR Sony SLV-778HF PS problem

Hi all, I have a dead SLV-778HF vcr. The switching transistor tests ok and all the diodes check good. I found Q102 checks open. It is the driver for the switching transistor. It is labeled C4040, it has a one last symbol looks like a 0 with a horizontal line through it. I have searched C4040 and 2sc4040 datasheet and didn't get one hit! I'm pretty sure it is a transistor, the pcb is labeled B C E. Any Ideas? Mike

Reply to
amdx

NPN medium power BJT, 32V (BR)CEO, 1 amp C (collector)

Reply to
Jamie

Got a cross for it? And where'd you get the info? Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx

The schematic for the SLV-777HF/778HF VCR can be downloaded here (sans parts list, unfortunately):

Sofa Slug

Sony part number 8-729-012-31.

B & D Enterprises says it subs to 2SC2673 for $0.39

MCM lists it for $1.93

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be out of town over the weekend, I'll try to get the part next week. If you know of any things that might sneak up on me with this ps let me know. 15 years ago I fixed a lot of Philips ps, often you had to put in the ps kit not just the one bad transistor/diode you found. Hopefully thats not the case with the Sony. Mike PS. I repaired 11,000 vcrs, but none in the last 15 years. I got out of them when the price hit about $200 :-)

Reply to
amdx