VCR S-VHS JVC HR-S9500 Switches off after 6 seconds

Loads cassete ok, loads tape ok and switches off after 6 seconds. Eject ok I cleaned the mode switch. I checked the end sensor,they are ok. Resoldered the end sensors , led, and the vcr plugs/sockets. After all this , it is still doing the same problem. Then it started to work ok, pb was ok. Then I installed the cover and it would not work anymore, same problem ????

Anyone can help me with this problem ??? Thanks Réjean SERVICE ELECTRONIQUE SATELLITE QUÉBEC

Reply to
gudule

does it go into PLAY mode? does the TU reel turn?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
sofie

As soon as the tape loads press pause. If it sits in pause ok then you probably have a reel sensor problem. If it still cuts out you probably have a drum rotation detection fault or tape loading is not complete. John.

Reply to
John

This a typical problem in JVC VCRs Take off the power supply module and replace all the electrolitic capacitors.

Jomi

--
jomiservice
Reply to

I think a HR-S9500 has the SMPS on the main board, and since it's not enclosed, the caps don't tend to go bad as often.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

If the power levels look correct, then remove and thoroughly clean and reassemble the mode switch.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman