VCR HEAD Glued??

Are the little protruding "tape readers" on the edges of the DAT/VCR HEAD Glued on or Soldered on Etc.?????

Since I think manual cleaning of DAT/VCR Heads are the cleanest and most efficient, they would alter the chemistry of the Glued on little

*protruding "tape readers"*......which would explain a few things...
--
Triad Productions-Fantalla©~EZine~ParaNovel
National Astrophysical Assault Research

The makers would probably prefer the term "bonded" to glued. They,VCR ones anyway, are positioned in a X,Y,Z sense to an accuracy of better than 1 micron IIRC.

N Cook

nd

??

Reply to
meow2222

Normal cleaning won't damage the glue.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

|>> Are the little protruding "tape readers" on the edges of the DAT/VCR |>> HEAD Glued on or Soldered on Etc.????? |>>

|>> Since I think manual cleaning of DAT/VCR Heads are the cleanest and |>> most efficient, they would alter the chemistry of the Glued on little |>> *protruding "tape readers"*......which would explain a few things... |>> -- |>> Triad Productions-Fantalla©~EZine~ParaNovel |>> National Astrophysical Assault Research |>>

|>The makers would probably prefer the term "bonded" to glued. |>They,VCR ones anyway, are positioned in a X,Y,Z sense to an accuracy of |>better than 1 micron IIRC.

So I will refrain from using the Acetone except in lost cause situations when all the repeated use of all the other solutions produce no results....

I have rescued a few DAT/DDS/VCR heads that way, but it's delicate work but used in Floppies takes a paper/no plastic disk cleaner ....works a lot if you find a paper floppy cleaner....adds an extra couple of years of use....like the DAT/DDS/VCR heads....but accidents do happen.......

I figured they'd be bonded like the 120 layers of a Travan Tape Streamer head.....I use a lot of tape and drives....14 of them...no use in changing the procedure for backups...since it's what I have, unless I wanna backup or off-drive and try to put a laser disk in a Tape drive.....

Some people do backups on the parallel port of to a VCR using Backer32 or similar...I think a full tape only holds 5 MB since it is analog and only writes to the top video layer.

Thanx for the nfo...