VCR controller

I'm looking for a device which I purchased from Supercircuits about 12 years ago. It was a VCR controller. It would accept a dry contact closure from for example a motion detector. A wired IR transducer from the controller was afixed to the front of a consumer type VCR over the IR receiver LED. This controller, model VCU-1 when tripped would generate a "record" signal and send it via the transducer to the consumer type VCR. The VCR would record for 30 seconds or continuously if motion continued. It would then stop until the next event was detected. The recording was also time and date stamped as well. I have many good used commercial VCR's for sale and this was and still is a very cost effective way of coming up with an event recorder system. Supercircuits no longer sells the VCU-1. They came out with a later model, the VCU-4 which was a cheaper stripped down version. It did not time and date stamp. A separate time and date stamp unit would be necessary. However the VCU-4 is NLA as well. Does anyone know if the original type of self contained controller is still avilable? Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper