Use of stepped sine wave UPS with SONY Bracia Flat Panel LCD TV

When I do it on purpose, I do it on purpose. ;-)

No, I think that an NTFS computer should be able to tolerate having its power dumped like this, and verify it empirically fairly often.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

Its been a while since I posted this question. I never did hear an answer about whether a stepped sine wave UPS would bother my TV. In the interim the thread dissolved into ad hominen attacks between various posters, debates about which O/S or File system was bogus, and the expected debates about SHOUTING and Usenet etiquette. Thankfully no one slammed me for "top posting".

It is now 3 months later and I finally got around to ordering the battery for my UPS from Battery Wholesale Distributors, without whom, I would not be able to keep my APC UPS's running!

I will so>>Stick with the better brands and it will not be a problem anyway.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I think LCD TVs pretty much exclusively use switching-mode power supplies. Switching supplies don't care much what the input waveform looks like, so you should be fine. Consider that computers, which are what these UPSs were made to run, also use switching supplies.

Reply to
David Brodbeck
020509000808080302080005 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thanks!

David Brodbeck wrote:

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**