Is OLED the future of flat panel TV technology?

Hi All,

I personally think the new organic LED (OLED) screen technology is pretty exciting, as seen at Sony . The thinness of the screen is unbeatable and the picture quality is amazing. My only complaint would be you can't mount the TVs because the thin screen doesn't contain all of the hardware, which is stored in a base.

What do you think? Is OLED the next big thing in flat TVs, or will another emerging technology soon surpass it?

Reply to
Chiefmfg

I have been hearing about OLED screens for quite a few years already, and how they are supposed to be the coming great thing.

Progress appears to me to have been slow, and I expect OLED to only make inroads gradually.

Don Klipstein

I read that great tv makers are leaving oled because of the price... they will be able to make computers (portable) screens but not 50" oled tv screens, there are huge fabrications process problems. plasmas are leaving because they eat too much power the future coming is lcd screens, and oled for small sizes.

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

What about laser TV?

Boris Mohar

No; something you haven't even dreamed about will soon surpass it. How soon? Well...that's always the question, isn't it?

Reply to
webpa

Early plasmas did the same. Personally I think that's the best design!

Reply to
Ed Chilada