Panasonic CT-36G23W Shuts Off Intermittently

I have a 36" Panasonic CT-36G23W TV which keeps on shutting off intermittently. There is no picture or sound once it shuts off. I have no LED lights in the front of the TV to give any type of diagnose codes. It has been happening for months now and sometimes it will come back on by itself within 5- 25 minutes. Other times, I knock the front right end of it and it will turn back on. This is not always an instant fix, it works 50% of the time. It may turn back on and then immediately off or it may not turn on at all after several hits.

Can someone provide any insight into this issue? This has been posted in several other forums but with no resolution at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ab

Reply to
Abbysmak

Dry joint someplace... Pull out chassis and get the Mag Glass out and look for poor/bad solder joints. Very Common. kip

Reply to
kip

on that model there is what is called a DG board it is either stand up or mounted on the chassic. a plug in board with a very well known plblem of connector failure ... You can try to reseat it but is most likely need the connectors replaced a 22, 23, 24

Reply to
David Naylor

Thanks for the replies. So I am looking at either poor solder points or loose connections of the DG board? Do you guys know of a reliable online site where I can get the replacement parts I need? Also are there online hardware manuals for this TV or similar so I can have a reference to look at before I start opening up the TV and screwing around in there?

David Naylor wrote:

Reply to
Abbysmak

Do you have flourescent lights? they have been known to turn tvs on and off.

Reply to
Nate Scharff

For Christmas I gave all my friends one of those high power, dual-led, universal remote TV killers. (Can make dining out a MUCH MORE PLEASANT experience.) Maybe one of them lives with eye-shot of the window of the room your TV is in....

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia