UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..."

Now if it is that sensitive how would one ever get it on the paper on to the stand in the first place?

PP

Reply to
Paul_P

When it was wet.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

When it's wet, the water allows the ammonia molecules to cradle the iodine molecules so they don't get close enough to react. When it dries out, or if the ammonia is allowed to escape over time, it becomes shock sensitive. At least that's what I remember from chemistry class.

Reply to
stickyfox

Aluminum powder good... Ugg! -Cave Man

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You make it up as a solution. It doesn't get explosive until it dries out.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

I would hire someone to do it. But first take out a huge life insurance policy on them with me as the sole beneficiary.

Reply to
Meat Plow

As a teenager I would mix two chemicals that slight pressure would cause explosion. I would put in a small corked bottle. The town I lived in the police would let us kids bring rifles to there shooting range and practice. I would set up these bottles and when bullet hit there was a loud smoke explosion. Police said what the heck did you make in those bottles. Never told them as this stuff has killed some people as they tried to mix with a mortar & pestle. I always rolled it back and fourth gently on a sheet of paper to mix. ww

Reply to
WW

We made black powder when I was a kid. Mixed the charcoal and sulfur with a mortar/pestle and the oxidizer was added later and stirred in carefully.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Nitric acid and glycerine? >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

on to

There is no ammonia in the reaction product, just NI3 (precipitate).

Reply to
JosephKK

True.

No, that's the explosive form (Nitrogen Tri-Iodide). The reaction products are I2 and N2.

Reply to
krw