Laser Printer Orientation

Does anyone know whether a laser printer can operate properly in any position? I am modifying a Samsung ML-2510 to print on thicker material, but to do so I need the back of the printer to face up, i.e. the front in now on the table. My concern is that the toner/drum cartridge might be gravity fed or need to be oriented top up to work properly. It works in my tests, but I'm not sure about quality, consistance of line width, etc.

Mark

Reply to
Marcus

Gravity must be down for proper operation. The toner is the issue.

Reply to
MooseFET

I made the mistake of putting my laserjet 4500 on its side, briefly, while moving the beast.

Great multicoloured heaps of toner everywhere...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Since, over the long term, the flow of toner is gravity driven, no, they are not position independent.

Reply to
JosephKK