UPDATE: Samsung TV TXE2545 Bottom Half of Picture

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your responses. The only part I had to replace was the TDA8350Q. I tested the caps, some of you suggested may also need replacing, but they were fine. The other thing I did was solder several joints that had fine cracks due to thermal cycling.

Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Hi, > > I have a Samsung TV TXE2545 mfg 4/97 in my shop with >half a picture (bottom half) which is linear (normal). At the center (top of >half of picture) is a bright horizontal line. Above, the screen is black. >I scoped the input signal (pin 1) to IC301 TDA8350Q and it looks normal. >Pins 4 and 8 have a little above normal voltage. Could the cause >of this problem be IC301? > > Thanks in advance, Brad > > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., > be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.
Reply to
Brad

If the only part you replaced was the ic, plan on replacing it again in a few months.

Did you install the Samsung required modification kit and all of its parts for the vertical ic failure in that set?

Reply to
dkuhajda

No he did not... Its amazing they ask for info and dont take it. This was brought to his attention but all he changed was the IC.

Poof Poof

Reply to
kip

again in

its

Reply to
RonKZ650

The kit is a collection of capacitors and zeners (I think; I've been away from this for a few years), a factory-recommended modification.

These guys have it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

The kit specifically is suppose give the ic a larger buffer with its range of operation to prevent premature failure. Most will last a few months to a year and a half if only the ic is replaced.

Most customers figure it is not worth the effort to take a 'junk' brand tv like that back in for a second repair after that kind of time frame.

Reply to
dkuhajda

of

fool

Reply to
RonKZ650

I think the kit is a separate entity, but as I said, it's been awhile.

Samsung actually is/was good about its parts supplying. I don't know if there's a difference between a $4 non-Samsung part and the Samsung-supplied part either. Depends on the source, I suppose.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

You have to be a member to access the download area of the techassist site. Well worth it for a technician, IMO.

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet