TV Interference

I have two TV's hooked to the same cable system with a splitter. When I change channels on the main TV the other TV's signal will sometimes degrade. For example, when the main TV is on ch 9 and the other TV is on ch7, everything is OK. When I change the main TV to ch4 the other TV's signal gets grainy. Any idea how to correct this problem?

Reply to
ahouston

I have two TV's hooked to the same cable system with a splitter. When I change channels on the main TV the other TV's signal will sometimes degrade. For example, when the main TV is on ch 9 and the other TV is on ch7, everything is OK. When I change the main TV to ch4 the other TV's signal gets grainy. Any idea how to correct this problem?

Reply to
Alan H

The splitter is not very good at isolating the two outputs, and in addition, your incoming signal may not be very strong. I would head to Radio Shack and get an amplified splitter. They are inexpensive and should completely solve your problem.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

I used to have a similar problem and couldn't work out what the problem was. I decided to upgrade my old Hills antenna (purchased around 1978) with a new Matchmaster Digimatch 01MM-DC23A.

I also replaced my old passive spltter with one using 'F' connectors (WES FS-102) so I had an all-'F' connector system. After that I had excellent reception on all free-to-air vhf and uhf channels including digital. Prior to this upgrade channel 2 was variable in quality and

31 reception was very fuzzy.
Reply to
Ross Herbert

that only happens if the main TV is a high definition set. Get rid of it.

Also, does your computer do the same thing when you post the same message twice?

Reply to
Erich J. Schultheis

JR North