Sky TV

Hi,

I suspect that my suggestion of yesterday was not too clear. Here I hope is a better explanation. I am assuming that you have the same Sky Decoder as we have - a Pace DSR600

As I understand your existing set-up: Your Sky decoder gets it's signal from the Satellite dish, and outputs the decoded signal to your main TV via the A/V connection.

Your analogue TV aerial's connect to a splitter which supplies the analogue channels to each of your TV's, including your main TV.

Suggested Change: Your TV Decoder should have an analogue IN and an an analogue OUT connector. Connect your analogue aerial's directly to the Sky Decoder analogue IN connector, and the analogue OUT connector to the splitter.

The Sky decoder will pass the analogue TV signals through to the existing TV's, possibly with slightly better quality. It will also pass through the terrestrial (HD) Freeview signals which you can view either by purchasing a new TV with in internal Freeview tuner or a Freeview decoder box for each TV.

The Sky decoder will also output the selected Sky channel on the analogue OUT connector which will now be available to all your TV's.

The default for the decoded sky analogue OUT is UHF Channel 38 (607.2Mhz), but I recommend changing this via the Sky menu to UHF Channel 21 (471.25Mhz) as this will give better quality on your older TV's. Note that you will only be able to watch a single Sky channel on your TV's at any one time.

You will require a technician with the necessary hardware and tools to carry out this modification.

Hope this is clearer.

On another matter: Unfortunately Mike Millet had a minor stroke yesterday and is currently in hospital. He is expected to recover quite quickly, but he and Alison will not be joining us in Christchurch. They will both have been under considerable stress recently as they have just moved into a retirement village and have also been concerned that their granddaughter is currently in hospital.

Love, Dad

Reply to
TerryB

What's clear on this end is that you did not pay proper attention to what you were doing. :-)

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia