TV flyback sources

does anyone have some low cost sources for replacement TV flybacks? I have a 1986 13" TV that it seems the EHT/flyback smoked itself the other night. (a good POP,and lots of smoke,no other components appear to have let out any smoke)

It had an excellent picture before it smoked,I'm a tightwad,and that's why I want to repair this one.

Would PC monitors use the same flyback?

Quasar LGC145 chassis.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

erm...perhaps if you told us where you're based you'd get some useful responses. world's a big place, y'know!

and no, monitors do not use the same flybacks, you need the exact one for that chassis of tv. i use

A few years back a mate of mine was exporting old VGA monitors to china by the container load. Apparently they were for conversion to 15 inch TV's. But in general the rotten things are not inter-changable.

Andrew

Reply to
Sarason

Sarason wrote in news:4761c00a snipped-for-privacy@news.chariot.net.au:

Well,Google turned up a local source on my first try;Acme Enterprises of Orlando. Their site led me right to the exact replacement for my TV. Called,they said they had 2 in stock,and before I left to drive over to get one,a nice lady by the name of Dallas called me back and said she checked and they were out of stock,saving me a trip.So,I placed an order for one.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik