PTV 300 Flyback Replacement

Hi,

My set died again and I'm trying to find a replacement for the flyback on the power supply board. The original sticker is 3620030005. The only ones that I've found that look similar (angled HV input) are 362003-6 and

362003-7. I also have a newer power supply board that uses the 362140-1 flyback. I haven't dug into it yet however how can I determine which replacement to get for the original flyback? Or, can I simply use one of the newer style flybacks on the older power supply green PCB?

Thanks for all the help. I know this set is living on borrowed time however after replacing the coolant and converging the set, the picture was really good on it.

Kirk S.

Reply to
Kirk S.

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:01:13 GMT, "Kirk S." put finger to keyboard and composed:

The 362003-6 is subbed by the HR6541:

The 362003-7 is subbed by the HR6542:

The 362140-1 is subbed by the HR6493:

I don't see a sub for the "3620030005", though.

Note that the GIF files show the voltages on each of the windings when connected to HR Diemen's FBT tester.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

ones

however

really

Franc,

Thank you for the links. I found the site and printed off a few of the schema files. I do not have one of their FBT testers nor a good FBT to test. I'll look closer at the schematics to see if there are any reference voltages.

Excuse my ignorance however what to each of the numbers on the schema mean?

Kirk S.

Reply to
Kirk S.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:08:42 +0000, Kirk S. Has Frothed:

Order code.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

FBT Pin number... DOH! I could actually look at the picture instead of not being able to read the language...

Kirk S.

Reply to
Kirk S.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:59:17 +0000, Kirk S. Has Frothed:

LOL

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

put

and

supply

time

I've been informed that the 6542 *will* sub for the 362003-5 and the 6493 is a direct sub for the 362140-1. Based on the board layout and specs, I believe this is correct. Several of the power supply duds I have show the layout for both transformers. It appears that pins one and three are swapped on these two in addition to the obvious difference on the HV output.

Found several of the first on eBay for $3.00 each. It's worth a try!

Thanks for the info!

Kirk S.

Reply to
Kirk S.