Trying to souce an L4963 in UK

I am trying to source an L4963 ( no suffix) switching regulator chip to repair a home control PC board.

Unfortunately everyone I have been able to track down as having these will only sell in 100's or has a minimum order value of 50 quid or more! I only want one and they are about a fiver. :-(

TIA

--
Regards

Dave Saville

NB Remove no-spam- for good email address
Reply to
Dave Saville

Hmmm are you looking at the surface mount (SO20) version or the "powerdip" version? The datasheet for the original part is here:

The packaging determines which suffix applies ... these ALWAYS have a suffix though it may not be printed on the chip.

I don't have any, but I think you could probably sub the whole thing with an L296P (available from Maplin at about a fiver) which will cover 5-40V up to

4A, though you'd have to rig up a daughter board and wire that to the original circuit and substitute a few components to get the right O/P voltage.

Datasheet for L296P is here:

Their site also has application notes to DL.

You might also be able to use the L4962 which RS Components stock and will sell in units of 1 at £2.65 plus the vodka and tonic (yes this too has a different pinout, and fewer pins than the 4963).

repair

only

one

Reply to