Trying to sace an L4963 in UK

I am trying to source an L4963 ( no suffix) switching regulator chip to repair a home control PC board.

Unfortunately everyone I have been able to track down as having these will only sell in 100's or has a minimum order value of 50 quid or more! I only want one and they are about a fiver. :-(

TIA

--
Regards

Dave Saville

NB Remove no-spam- for good email address
Reply to
Dave Saville

Is there any problem with Dial Electronics ? They list the SGS-Thomson parts for GBP 3.86.

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic

only

Yes, they list them but don't have any. :-(

--
Regards

Dave Saville

NB Remove no-spam- for good email address
Reply to
Dave Saville

repair

only

one

A similar German obsolete parts stockist, Strixner&Holzinger in Munich,

, lists the L4963 too. I believe they require a minimum order of 25 Euro for domestic orders. This can be acceptable if you add other semiconductor parts (current or

obsolete).

One regular dealer, Segor Electronics in Berlin, , offers the L4963 for 5.10 Euro. There is no minimum for domestic orders.

Check their international sales conditions, they may differ!

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic

repair

will only

want one

I know you asked for a UK sace. But L-Tronik-Austria in Graz, , also list the L4963, for 5.80 Euro. To this one has to add their VAT of 20%. However, they will probably mail it to you by letter (e.g. for 2.40 Euro to Germany).

My conclusion: the chip is available one-off.

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic

Martin.

Thanks for the info - I have friends in Munich so that is the obvious first call.

Stupid thing is, I was in Munich in July *and* visited most of the shops on Schillerstrasse - Little electronics & PC heaven. But at the time I had forgotten the part number and also did not realise that I was going to have this amount of grief trying to get one.