Troubleshoot monitor problem ? - Dcp02242.jpg (0/1)

Any advice on troubleshooting this hideous monitor problem. It seems to see double. The model is a 21" Sony/Sun 5010PT. The OSD doesn't double like the screen which makes me think it can still be saved. I have it in pieces and if anybody has some repair advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks Dave

Reply to
cb650

Just a hint, this is not a binary newsgroup. Either post a link to a web page for the picture, or post the binary newgroup where you posted the image.

Reply to
dkuhajda

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:23:43 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca put finger to keyboard and composed:

I can't see your pic, but does your monitor have little daughter PCBs attached to one of two large vertically mounted boards? If so, and if the symptom is "vertical double imaging", then replace the caps on the affected daughter board. A scope should show a train of vertical parabolas alternating in amplitude from small to large to small to large, etc.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The 5010PT is a Sony N3 chassis - the number one failure is IC007 CXA2043Q which results in many deflection related faults. The least expensive source I've found for this IC is Pacific Semiconductors

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne