Good Focus but Missing some colors:GDM 5010PT 21" Monitor

GDM 5010PT 21" Monitor(Sun microsystems) I have tried all color settings for RBG (BIAS,GAIN) on OSD,but I feel this monitor was built-in as green or black & white color as pre-dominant.I will open it's body after getting some knowledgeable replies. Thanks

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

color monitor, made by sony.

Reply to
Michael Ware

Common problems are failures of the CRT, or some of the components on the video drive board. Proper troubleshooting would be required to determine the fault. Guessing will not solve the problem.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

This is a Sony monitor, 21N3 chassis.

If the colour error is severe (e.g. one colour missing or jammed on then it's likely a fault which needs to be debugged and fixed. e.g. a bad solder joint on the CRT base board.

If it's less severe, e.g. just a tinted background, then it might be just due to CRT ageing (this is quite an old monitor) that needs to be adjusted out.

The factory adjustments are done using the Sony DAS software. This needs a PC and a special cable to connect it's RS232 to the monitor DAS interface port. However your description implies the user has separate control over bias and gain for each gun already, if so DAS won't give you much more (though it might have more range of adjustment I suppose.) Perhaps you could explain the colour issue more fully. If you display a series of say ten squares, in shades of grey from black to white, which ones are coloured and in what way?

Mike.

Reply to
Remove _ for valid address

how can I display a series of ten squares, in shades of grey from black to white, which ones are coloured and in what way?

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

Here are some sources of monitor test pattern software programs...

Instructions for above...

Keyboard commands: Upon startup, lcdtest will fill the screen with solid red. Pressing keys on the keyboard will change the pattern:

Change foreground color: r red g green b blue w white k black Change pattern: s solid fill h horizontal lines v vertical lines c crosshatch d dots a white vertical lines with two pixel pitch Line position/spacing arrows move lines in arrow direction plus increase spacing between lines minus increase spacing between lines 0..9 select predefined line spacings Other: / or ? toggle display of help message q or escape exit program

The "a" command is specifically intended for use with LCD monitors connected via an analog VGA (vs. DVI). This pattern should work well for the monitor auto-setup feature. Auto-setup may not get the frequency and phase adjusted optimally, in which case this pattern is also useful for manual adjustment.

Pay-for, but simply looking at the JPEG may tell you what you need to know.

You should find something useful here...right-click on "Download" and select "Save Target As" for each program...

Good luck.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Which DAS u mean here: A code for Decimal Adjust after Subtraction, an Intel 80x86 processor instruction Direct Attached Storage Data acquisition system Distributed Annotation System

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

Can't distinguish b/w blue and black,line sapcing was more can be seen eaily as sepaarte h/v lines at start later ,it was micro spacing after changing over color and back to white.Line space work with +/- ,0--9. /?Did'nt provided help message. Now we better know where we standing.

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

d did'nt provide any dots.

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

I have seen true blue colors on some windows while system was on reboot during repairing XP and while system hanged up due to loose CPU fan.Will I hope that I may restore monitor color after repair. Monitor color still same while working in selective mode.

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi

True colors(i/c missing blue) restored for some moments when I rebooted my computer after I enabled my Audio Peripheral Device. Will I hope that a day will come when I can look all true colors on my monitor. Is there any chance to fix its colors permanetly?

Reply to
Thaqalainnaqvi