Toshiba TP 43H60 Convergence problem

Hi, I have been working on TV's for over 10 years. I have fixed many RCA rear projection,sets. This one I found really strange. the convergence adjustment only works on the top and right side. It comes up as a numeric key pad to adjust all of the crosshairs to align the screen. Some of them work but the red is the one that is the worst.I did a check on the convergence board It seems OK visually. please help . Do I have to order a new board,or can I replace the IC,s , digital transistors, caps, locations on board, ect...

Thanks James

Reply to
Karen Ray-Stewart

Very good chance you will be replacing the digital convergence module to fix it. Try replacing the bad convergence output first, but usually it either works or it doesn't.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Where would I obtain such a module PC board, the number is PB8185?. Is the outputs located on this board? or is it the other smaller board that connects to the convergence coils on the neck of the tubes? also what about the STK chip that powers the convergence,would it be a good idea to replace this also?. Due to the strain on the chip from the convergence board going all whacky?

Thanks, James

Reply to
Karen Ray-Stewart