Toshiba CF3060K HOT repair advice

Hello all. This TV died a year ago, and it's been sitting in the living room ever since. Wife said to fix it or toss it out. It's too big to haul outside by myself, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I got the Sam's, and found that the HOT (2SD1428) was bad. Bought one, put it in and it immediately blew again.

From lurking around in this newsgroup, I see that I should suspect some of the associated capacitors on the emitter, and perhaps the flyback. Just checking things with a DMM doesn't reveal anything obvious, the flyback and yoke seem to have reasonable resistance according to Sam's, nothing else is outright shorted.

I can get a lot of the parts pretty cheaply, so I thought I'd just go ahead and replace the flyback, the caps around the HOT, and maybe even the input transformer. I don't have the test equipment to test much, other than my DMM, and I usually shy away from the HV sections of anything.

I can't find the HV caps for this beast at a reasonable price. Can anyone point me toward an inexpensive source of .0082 and .0056uf @ 1.6kv caps?

If you think I'm just pissing in the wind by doing this, unless I'm checking for (*insert item here*) please jump in and let me know!

thanks,

John

Reply to
John