vital question: shorted HOT in CTC169 means?

First: this is in P60752EB (PTK169PE aka CTC169PE).

Did the usual inventory of parts needed to replace (caps in power supply and HV divider block, etc..)

Usually this is all, except this one have one more dud part to this usual list: Q4401 shorted.

Back then I usually do change HOT, flyback transformer, C4401/CR4401, C4402/CR4402 in any 169 when I find fried HOT. But now, the flyback transformer is NLA from global (226094). I'm in bind and asking now about this.

When you find a 169 like this with bad caps in power supply, and include new HV block to complete a reliable repair but this have shorted Q4401 so what does this usually means T4401 is also bad?

Tell your experiences about this. Thanks, this is very important to us since our shop is trying to earn money in face of changing time. Fewer customers are coming in with TVs to repair and that is another article to write about later.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.