TOSHIBA and SONY

What do these two have in common?

They seem to make shit, especially Television Sets, that break rather easily.

ever notice that every odd post in this newsgroup is how to troubleshoot Jappy brands and not any other brands?

Reply to
Nate Scharff

Because they sell a great majority of the consumer electronics in this country. The percentage of product that needs to be serviced is quite small compared the the no name stuff---eg Protron and other can't get it fixed product.

Reply to
Dick

Because those other brands largely do not provide parts, service literature, nor any form of support for the products. The products that you prefer can mostly not be repaired. They are also often just considered disposable by the buyer and the vendor so no one bothers.

Leonard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 26093 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I think that before you make a statement like that, you should find out the percent of sales that are of the manufactures you mentioned in comparison to the others. Sony, Panasonic, Hitachi, JVC, and Toshiba have the greatest percent of the market in consumer, and professional television equipment. They are also the best engineered in the industry, and that is why their cost is higher than many of the other less popular brands.

--

JANA
_____

"Nate Scharff"  wrote in message
What do these two have in common?

They seem to make shit, especially Television Sets, that break rather
easily.

ever notice that every odd post in this newsgroup is how to
troubleshoot Jappy brands and not any other brands?
Reply to
JANA

Oh really? Then why does Wal*Mart Sell out cheap ass DVD Players and Shop NBC can't keep enough Protron sets in stock.

I have never really seen somebody purchase a Sony or a Toshitba television set.

Reply to
Janet Gelb