CUI and MORNSUN selling same product?

I was looking at enclosed power supplies and many have similar specs. But looking at the mechanical data the MORNSUN and CUI products are nearly indistinguishable.

Anyone know if MORNSUN and CUI are the same company or if they share the same products? Heck, I checked a third unit from Aimtec and it seems the same. Are all these guys buying from another company?

I did a little digging, and MORNSUN and CUI don't seem to be the same company.

Reply to
Ricky

Using standard footprint is a common industrial practice in commodity power converters.

Whether all candidates are technologically competent enough to cram the necessary performance into that package and to produce it reliably in commodity volumes is for the buyer to determine, through thorough evaluation.

RL

Reply to
legg

This is not just a common footprint. The specs are virtually identical, even the drawings have virtually every detail identical. They do rearrange the locations of different parts of the drawings. So the actual data sheet doesn't have the same look.

One of the things that vary between some other units, is the reaction to overcurrent, overvoltage and overtemp. Two of these latch off, but not the third, which automatically tries to reset itself. Other brands auto reset one of the protections. All the specs are identical. Even the position of the input voltage switch is the same. I just can't see anyone giving a crap where that is.

Other brands do share the mounting holes. I can see where that would be standardized, 150 x 50 mm, M4 L=4mm.

Maybe you are right, but I've not seen so much similarity on anything else but resistors maybe.

Reply to
Ricky

If it's your job to find three alternate vendors for a part, you'll notice the similarities and differences, or else.

RL

Reply to
legg

Google says, 45 million times that you are wrong.

Ricky