Sony Wega picture problem with Xbox 360. Help!

I have many gaming systems hooked up to my 27 inch, standard definition Sony Wega and it's been an amazing TV for about 5 years now. No problems at all. After getting a Xbox 360 several months ago I noticed a weird problem. When I'm playing my system, I get strange horizontal bars that move up the screen. They're not very dark and can be seen the best when the screen is a darker color.

I've tried switching out my Xbox 360 with another one. I've tried plugging my TV and 360 into different outlets. I've tried adjusting all the different settings on both devices. I even bought two new sets of component cables. The bars won't go away!

On another forum I've talked with several other Wega owners who are having the same problem with their 360s, so it must be something with Sony's TV. I know how to get into the service menu, so maybe there's something I can adjust in there? This is so frustrating because all my other systems look great on my TV, only my 360 has this problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
ivethiscreeping

M Berger

Reply to
Art

The power supply in the Xbox is causing a ground loop of some type. I have seen this with video gaming units connected to TV sets. These gaming units don't have the best design of power supply. They try to keep the cost low. You should be speaking to the manufacture of the gaming unit to find out if they have a solution for this, if the TV is working well with other devices.

If your TV is perfect with the DVD and the VCR, then for sure it is not the TV set that is the fault.

--

JANA _____

I've tried switching out my Xbox 360 with another one. I've tried plugging my TV and 360 into different outlets. I've tried adjusting all the different settings on both devices. I even bought two new sets of component cables. The bars won't go away!

On another forum I've talked with several other Wega owners who are having the same problem with their 360s, so it must be something with Sony's TV. I know how to get into the service menu, so maybe there's something I can adjust in there? This is so frustrating because all my other systems look great on my TV, only my 360 has this problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
JANA