Spammers and Other Deviates............

Greetings Gentlemen,

I subscribed to this group in "hope" of finding a low spam group with mostly on topic posters. LOL! After reading a few posts from the regulars and spammers alike, you can't help but notice the desperate attempt to out mock, curse, threaten, mame or kill each other. Here, it is no different than the hundreds of other groups I no longer subscribe to. (for that very same reason). More time is wasted on regulars flaming spammers than on answering legit posts and actually helping someone. Nothing is more annoying than reading a post from someone that needs help and seeing one or two legit reply's and then 30 threads from "regulars" bashing and flaming each other! Who are the spammers now? Look, spammers will always be a big problem in any moderated / un-moderated newsgroup. The best thing you can do is "IGNORE THEM"! Report them if you wish, and lastly, filter them out in your browser settings. Yes, the same goes for spammers as for not taking care of your teeth. "Ignore them" and they will "go away"! Just trying to help (yet another) good newsgroup, going astray.

Randy

PS: I realize my post is off topic. Please go easy on me.... (or, ignore it). See how easy that was?

Reply to
Randy Robinson

You don't know the meaning of "spam". Do you?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And ladies..

Good points. I think this whole thing is enevitiable though and will increase.

The major cause has been computers becoming more user-friendly to use, such that any idiot can now produce an A4 printout thus proclaimed as an expert.

Personally I would love to take everything back to a CLI where computers were unfriendly, and to use them intelligence and knowledge were required.

My modern PC crashes. My 1986 IBM XT-286 has been switched on since well, erm.. 1986. It's only been rebooted a number of times.

Every modern embedded networking infrastructure routers now crash.

How on earth we got into this mess in anybody's guess. Computers (and equipment) used to work you know.. ;-)

Reply to
Aly

Only one-time events are inevitable. The problem is PROVIDERS. If the spam isn't *inbound* in huge quantities, they don't see it as a problem. If they would enforce their own Terms of Service, this crap would be throttled after the initial complaint.

Nope. The major cause is spineless capitalist PROVIDERS. I put the problem of *Usenet* spam squarely at Google's door. Look at the headers of the next 10 Usenet spams you see. At least 9 out of 10 will come thru Google. If you looked at 100, you'd see it was 98%.

If every provider (Web, email, Usenet, whatever) had a page that said "You are in violation... Click here to send us your $200 penalty so we can re-activate your account " this crap would stop RIGHT NOW.

Google's allowing any idiot to open a new account AFTER having an account terminated [1] and USING THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS is evidence of what a bunch of asshats are running Google Groups. Google is based on **filtering data** after all. . . [1] ...and THAT takes some doing

Reply to
JeffM

Two things: That doesn't mean a thing, and your trace goes back to google as well.

Today it's google. Yesterday it was hotmail, yahoo, you name it. Fact remains most spam (as in eMail spam) nowadays comes from zombie machines with dedicated software doing the job. Dedicated software installed by the end users who don't know any different, and double click on email attachments such as "bigtits.exe".

Today, if you want to point the finger anywhere, point it at the average windows user who's too stupid to tell the difference between a valid attachment from a colleague, and malware. Oh, the fact they insist on running MS Outhouse express doesn't help matters any.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

John Tserkezis wrote:

I bet you didn't pay attention in school either.

I'm sure you have a point--but if you comb your hair right and wear a hat maybe no one will notice.

I said **USENET** spam. Pay attention.

Fact is: Those machines are connected to a NETWORK. I have already said that *if*, upon receipt of a complaint, the ADMINISTRATOR for that network would SANDBOX the offender[1], the infection wouldn't have anything to do. The PROBLEM is THE GATEKEEPER. The REASON the problem isn't handled is GREED.

Well, after a complaint about that user is made to an access provider, those things should become LOCAL problems only.

On a NETWORK with a PROPER administrator, these peoples' bad choices / ignorance don't become OTHER people's problems. Again: The operative word is "SANDBOX".

If people had to PAY the FULL price--in cash and in inconvience (which today is passed on to others)-- of using a 4th-rate easily-infected OS there would be A LOT of folks switching over to some *n*x variant. . . [1] ...and as I have said elsewhere: **MAKE THE OFFENDER PAY for his poor security techniques or immoral behavior**.

Reply to
JeffM

Dear, Lonely, Pathic and ?....... Mr. Terrell, (or is that Mr. TERROR?)

How did I know that you would be the first to reply to my post? Actually, I wrote it because of you (and others). Go away!!! Unless, you actually have something to "CONTRIBUTE" to this, or any other NG. I must not know the true meaning of spam since you are the "King" of Spam and Flaming. Well, at least Flaming from reading way too many of your reply's, in way too many NG's. Look, get a grip. Get back to reality Mr. DD214 & DAV #85. I have my own DD214, 2 Purple Hearts, Distinguished Service Cross and Medal Of Honor. Yet, I conduct myself here not as a "Vermon" like you, but an actual "Veteran". A person, a descent, respectful person. Exception being, when it comes to "full of themselves" persons like you. I am ashamed for All Honorable Servicemen, that "you" were once in service to this Great Country. You conduct yourself not as a help, but Hindrance. If you really want to do your Country a service, please remove all references to your your DD214 and DAV status in your future flaming. You sir, are an "Embarrassment" to all Veterans by the way you conduct yourself. I have a "Gut" feeling that all my words have been wasted on you and will do no good anyway. (go figure?). Losers are Losers, after all. And, If Moron's Could Fly, The Sky Would Be BLACK! Need I say more? Actually, yes.......I would like to thank all of the other posters that had "Positive" Feedback to my post. They understand and agree that Mr. Terrell and his kind should disappear. POOF! Wouldn't that be NICE? :) And, on a more personal note, for "Poor Disabled" Mr. Mike Terrell, I am disabled too. (in service to My Country, from where all those Wonderful Medals came from). Yes, I have no right arm or leg and half of my Intestines on that side. My left arm is severed from slightly below the elbow. Thank GOD for Prosthetic's. It is the only reason I can type this reply and feed myself. (I am actually proud of that!). I type one letter at a time. It took over two hours to do this response to another "so called" Veteran, (did you hear that Mike?) and the group. Do you feel sorry for me? I wouldn't. I am happy to be alive! I have no regrets and would do it all over again, even knowing the risk. Did you hear that too Mike? Maybe you need to contact a community service group like I did years ago. I felt sorry for myself for many years just as you do now. I basically rotted away at the VA Hospital, Hell, at least you can type! Lol. Well, maybe that is a bad thing for us NG Purists............

Randy

PS: If you do not have anything GOOD to say then,.................You guessed it!

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net...

Reply to
Randy Robinson

Yawn. Very childish.

Do you have anything to contribute, or valid questions?

Spam is not allowed, by the group charter. Flaming is reserved for those who come in carrying cans of gasoline and matches.

For a 'respectful' person, you have no respect for others, do you?

It is there because of an online stalker who tried to shut down a volunteer program to provide local Disabled Veterans with free, working used computers, and will remain as long as he's up to his dirty tricks.

You sir, are an "Embarrassment" to all Veterans by

I'm sure that you would be leading the pack, and leaving the biggest trail.

Yawn.

I spent two years that I couldn't feed myself, every day, while waiting to se a VA doctor the first time. I was awarded 100% disability

40 days after I filed. Does that tell you anything? The last thing in the world i wanted to see was the statement on the front page: "it is obvious that this individual will never be able to work again" They didn't even try to find something I could do, because of my age, and the long list of medical problems.

I have almost no use of my left hand, and have to type one handed, as well.

I was 4F for five medical problems and couldn't enlist. So, when the discovered my electronics background, I was drafted. Have you ever seen a DD-214 with no secondary MOS? That's how bad my health was, but I served.

You have NO idea how I feel, just your fantasies.

I basically rotted away at the VA Hospital, Hell, at

Obviously you still have a huge chip on your shoulder. You have my sympathy, if your story is real. I have run across a lot of people who made similar claims, only to discover that they were not only not disabled, but had never served. Your smart ass remarks about MY service lead me to believe that you are lying, but if you are, its your problem, not mine.

I did nothing to dishonor the US military, and received a letter of commendation from my commanding general for work above and beyond the call of duty. If you can't accept that fact, you can take your own advice.

I spend my good days helping other Disabled Veterans, where and when I can. I will be adding more Veterans information to my sig file shortly. I have taken on the task of creating a website to provide information about veterans issues to the local community. They have no idea of all the behind the scenes work done to help the community, and no place to find it. the basic shell is ready, and I am paying the $200+ to launch it out of my $900 a month pension. Can you tell me what you've done to help others? You should see the things some of the severely Disabled Veterans around here can do.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But wait, there's More.........

Mr. Terrell (Terror) wrote,

And I say, you be the Judge

Reply to
Randy Robinson

Well Mr. Mike Terrell,

All have to say at this point is........Were you even in the Military in which you have stated that I have never been? Now mind you, I have seen exceptions as far as acceptance on a "Voluntary" basis for enlistment. You stated that you were "drafted" as a 4F? Very hard to believe! Or, are you a wannabe and extremely delusional?

The proof is in what you wrote.......

Again, hard to believe Mike. I only had a Primary MOS. Actually, I only had what was called a Primary DOS. What the hell has a secondary MOS have to do with anything? I was a Primary 43191E. Look it up. I was in the U2 / SR 71 program. Skunkworks, the whole bit. It is somewhat de-classified now and you will never get me to talk about it :). Thats why I am disabled as we speak By the way, I have a DD-256AF as my final discharge paper. But, I know, you were there, right?

Again, Mike wrote...........

Online stalker? Well, thats nice Mike. But what do you have to CONTRIBUTE to this Newsgroup or any other? Go Figure? Look, I feel for you. Yes, I am as disabled as you are, if not more. If you need someone to talk to on a private basis, you have my email address. If you want pictures / proof, of my service records please let me know? I would be glad to post them here for everyone to see. Would you post your DD-214? I did not think so. Proof is in the pudding.......

Please leave this Newsgroup to go on about their business......Helping Others!

Yes, I Graduated MIT with a 3.98 GPA. I was pissed that I did not make 4.0. The reason being, I challenged one of my Proffessors a bit too much and, he was an arrogant asshole to boot. Thus the 3.98 GPA. Gee, life is full of disappointments Isn't it?

On a more personal note, I have a very nice Family that visits me a few times every year on their trek around the country. Bill, the Father is an Electrical Engineer, the Wife is, well, a great Mother and has been the greatest encouragement to me! They are My Family now. They are well off and live close to you in WPB. They have flown me down every year to Florida for the past ten years and we go fishing on their Yacht and have fun for the whole month we spend together. They have one Son and a Daughter that are just as wonderful as they are. They are the only people I can relate to that are "real". After all, I could still be rotting away in the VA hospital 24/7/365. So, I hope you see Mike, Spread a little Cheer....... Screw your DD-214! Your DD-214 and 50 cents "may" buy you a cup of Coffee. Get over it! No more relpy's to you. I am sticking to my guns from this point on as from my original post. I will Ignore you and you will go away. Just like negletcted teeth.

I rest my case. Amen and Amen!

Randy

Actually, I

Get

here

Great

do

DAV

wasted

If

NICE?

from).

is

Reply to
Randy Robinson

Ever hear of local draft boards needing 'warm bodies' during the end of the Vietnam era? They took me instead of a drug addict. They didn't have enough warm bodies that month. Any young man who had a job in that group was drafted, and all the deadbeats were dismissed. The druggie was a half pound over minimum weight, so they made him strip naked and he was just a hair under the requirement, so they could dismiss him.

From the DOD records at Military.com:

or are you going to claim that the DOD is delusional, as well?

Everyone who was able to fight had a secondary MOS as infantry.

And I can't tell you some of what I saw. Its part of military life in the tech fields.

Lucky you. I wanted to go Air Force to study avionics. Instead, I ended up in Alaska baby-sitting a bunch of whiners like you. They didn't like the movies, the TV shows, or a thousand other stupid complaints.

As a civilian, I ended up building telemetry equipment for NASA and NOAA and the European Space Agency.. Microdyne/L3-com 700 series, 1200 series, 1620 series, DR-2000 and RCB-2000. A customized 700 series is aboard the ISS. It has a 48 VDC power system, instead of the standard

120/240 VAC design. We built it, and Lockheed, the primary contractor mounted it into one of the custom aluminum racks, and added a KU band down converter. That is one of the things I've done that you'll never see.

What are you contributing, other than your anger? It doesn't do anyone any good, and I'm sure you know it.

It will be going on line, but not till my new website is ready to launch. Probably two months yet. I will also post the letter of commendation I received from the USARAL Commanding General.

Whine whine whine. Life is more important than a few numbers. I tested out of a three year electronics course at Ft. Monmoth, and went right to permanent duty. The MOS was 26T20. Look it up, and try to figure out what the title really means.

I have family next door, who I see almost every day. My dad, my stepmother, and their 'kid'.

Good for him. My did was white collar in the paper industry.

the Wife is, well, a great Mother and has been the

You're lucky. I lost my mother to colon rectal cancer when she was

  1. She suffered in horrible pain for almost a year before she passed on.

Right state, wrong area.

A VERY closed mind? Oh well. It must be nice to have the luxury to not have to think.

You have no idea, do you?

Whatever you say. Randy, you have my deepest sympathy.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Whatever you think doesn't matter. Apparently you've already made up your mind so you don't have to. The facts are that there is still a shortage of doctors at the local VA Outpatient clinic. The Gainsville VA hospital is overcrowded, and has been promised an expansion, for years. The VA has opened another clinic to the south of me, but they sent part of the existing staff down there, to relieve crowding at the main clinic. It took 15 months from the date it was requested, till I had a colonoscopy.

You do the math. I was told that they had to compile some current medical history before I could apply. When there was enough I filed, at the end of November. 40 days later, during the first week of January I got my papers from the VA stating, "No one medical problem is enough to qualify this individual for disability, but the long list of problems, along with his age makes it obvious that he will never be able to work again." That isn't what I wanted to see.

I had about $8,000 in the bank. I got rid of Cable TV, internet and telephone service. I canceled the insurance on my truck and turned in the tag. That left me with a house payment, homeowners insurance, food, electric bill, and property taxes. After I used up all my savings I had to borrow money from family that I've paid back. Finally, I had to apply for food stamps for the last couple months. Not something I wanted to do, and you don't eat very well on less than $150 a month, when you're diabetic and have high blood pressure.

Because your mind is closed tighter than Jack Benny's Vault?

I was hoping you would try to prove me wrong, rather than go on another mindless rant. I'm sorry that you weren't up to even this small challenge. I do apologize. That chip on your shoulder won't help you any, and it will hurt your health.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida