Toshiba 57H94 TV

The power light flashes green three times, separated by a long pause, and repeats. Set will not power-up. I need to know what this code means. I was Toshiba authorized, but that was 20 years ago.

Reply to
uptimod

Friend, I have a 51H94... same as yours but with a 51 inch screen. My manual is marked for 51H94/57H94.. On page 94 the symptom you describe is listed and the problem indicated is: "The fan for cooling the CableCARD has stopped. Press power to turn OFF the TV, unplug the power cord, and contact a Toshiba Authorized Service Center". I guess if you feel competent enough you could try to check and/or replace the fan yourself. It's gotta be right there near the cable card slot. I did a quick look at the schematic CD I have but couldn't locate it. JFK LT USN(Ret) LDO Communications

Reply to
Jim

al

t.

Thanks for responding. I aleady found that information in the user manual, it doesn't help. It says the green LED blinks at 3 second intervals. Mine blinks 3 times at three second intervals, and the set never powers-up. All that is running is the CableCard fan. And if I disconnect the tach wire, the 12 volt power to the fan will cease. Thus, it is sending tach pulses, and appears normal on a scope. Again, all I see are three green flashes from the power light, in an endless sequence that doesn't change when I disable the fan. Turning- off the TV by the power button does nothing because the set never turn- on. Something has failed, and the troublecode from the service manual is what I need.

Reply to
uptimod