toshiba 50h71 dead

have toshiba 50h71 red light in front just blinks. checked fuses and found f850&852 open checked all diodes seem to be ok. think maybe conv. stks is my problem? any body had this before? thanks jack@allen park tv allen park mi.

Reply to
458

"Art" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Does this set have the large conv amp heatsinks running from back to front in the center of the PCB tray? If so, UNPLUG set, look on the underside of the circuit bd where the two boards meet. On the right PCB, upper left side, you will find a series of jumpers (next to plastic rail) and hopefully a cracked solder joint. Resolder ALL jumpers on the upper left side of the board, R & R any open fuses (check them all plz), check Q404 (horz out ?). If fuses re-open, STK's are shorted. Those open solder joints have made me a LOT of ez $$$$. Good luck. bubbajim

Reply to
BubbaJim

Does this mean I have to remove all the wires and remove the tw boards.

My tv just shut off about an hour ago..

Thank

--
porkky