Toshiba 36" TV with flashing red light

(A man wrote this review at Amazon.com)The Toshiba TV, Model CV36V51, because of the quality of the picture in the retail area. However after about 18 months, the picture went blank. The sound was present and menus items showed up as good as usual. I discovered that if the the brightness was adjusted to maximum, I would get a temporary picture as good as ever. After a time the picture would become hazy and substantial darker for a period of time but would then revert back to an excellent picture. The picture would operate in the temporary status only when the menus items Color Temperature was adjusted to COOL and the Picture Preference was in the (Memory) status. In addition to the above, the set would become blank and the red on light indicator would begin to flash and the remote and other functions would not function.

I have the same story as the guy above, the front of the TV red light blinks and if I whack the front of the TV the red would turn solid and would get a picture. The whacking has stopped and I have no picture. Is it the mother that is going bad? Because was reading about the Sony Wega TV having these problem. The boards are bad. It's the A and C boards. Is it time to get a new TV or is there something loose in the back.......I have open up the back and see nothing loose the back.

Christian

Reply to
mase

[...]

Maybe you should just get a bigger hammer.

Reply to
Dave