F32665 CTC203 RCA TV Dead

Hope someone can help me! I've got a 4 year TV that went dead when

went on vacation last year.

I already bought another one, so this is a project for me since I hav electronics experience.

When I push the power button (or remote), the TV tries to cycle on ( times) then it stops trying.

Looking at previous posts, this one looks original. I don't have a chipper checker. I can't get the set to come up using the power, setup ... sequence.

I have checked resistors, they seem to be ok. Diodes are checking out good. Transistors are looking pretty good.

I'm getting 168.8VDC at CR14203/CR14201 when I'm supposed to be readin approx 156V. That seems to be driving all my other voltages high. I think it could be a transformer but I'm not sure.

Also, I did get a SAMS Photosheet so I have a schematic in front of me

Thanks for the help Larr

-- larmo22

Reply to
larmo22

Check for dry joints in horizontal sections !!!!! Also check for s/c diodes ...

Reply to
kip

Extra volts at the diodes you are looking at has nothing to do with your problem, the voltage you are reading is purely a function of your AC voltage from the wall. What you need to check mainly to start is your DC voltage on the 130v supply at CR14106. It may be 140v or more with set off but should immediately drop to 130v when the set is turned on. If it's too high when the set is turned on, the set will turn itself off. If this is the case check voltage at CR14704 off the flyback when the set is turned on. If you're missing this 14v supply from a bad diode this problem can happen.

Reply to
RonKZ650

Reply to
Art

If previos posts don't do the trick, see if your version of the chassis has the external video jacks mounted to a daughter board that has a three terminal regulator with a small heat sink mounted at the rear top corner of the board. If it does, check for a cracked solder joint on one of the surface mount resistors in this regulator circuit. Very hard to see, might pay to "shotgun solder" all the SMT resistors in this area. Usually the board has to be removed for good access.

after

Reply to
Thomas Sedlemyer

well, doing my troubleshooting, i accidently shorted out something an

my fuse blew. off to the sh> Extra volts at the diodes you are looking at has nothing to do with

-- larmo22

Reply to
larmo22

I like it.!!! Don't forget to tell the repair shop you screwed it up.

kip

Reply to
kip