LCD projector Hitachi CP-X275 lamp ballast repair tech tip

Tech tip for the record:

Problem: The lamp fails to light up. Solution: Replace IC01 (STRG6153)

Details:

The High Intensity Discharge Metal Halide lamp suddenly failed to light up. A new lamp was installed and would not light up either. The fan ran and the lamp LED flashed after a few minutes. Voltage to the ballast module was 368VDC. The ballast did not pulse.

Ballast# PS-226-LS-210 was bad. Hitachi Part# HA01102 was CDN$318 at Global Electronics or US$210 at Vance Baldwin or US$221 at Part Solver.

The FET series (TR1,5,6,7,8,) seemed good: (drain-source resistance=5K). Bought an identical projector on Ebay for US$590 to do comparative multimeter measurements. Found slight differences in STR G6153. Swapped good part to bad projector, and it worked. This is a

5-pin Sanken brand switching regulator, US$5 at

Selling the second projector back. I'm happy I could fix this for the price of 2 Ebay transactions.

Reply to
Chris Goulet

Hi,

I bought a projector in Ebay too. After a while I have the same problems as you have. I send it to be repaired, but they said the balast ist bad und it woul cost nearly 250 Euro. Ok, thats too much. Now I found your thread and I messuerd the FET series. It is interest what I found, because TR01 has not 5K ohm. Maybe thats the problem. But how could i look after the STRG6153 is broken?

Also know somebody how to wire the 4 cable from the balast, to use xenon lamp instead of the orginial one? Ok I know i have to use an external power supply and so on. But the only problem i have now is, which cable are used for checkin if the lamp works. I could only be one of the four one. three are brown and one is yellow.

Sorry for the bad englisch but I'm doing my best to good english. (German studend) Thanks a lot, Dslsauge

--
dslsauger
Reply to