toshiba 37" lcd tv

my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen. It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only when screen is light over the area of the mark. It is not on the surface. Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?

Reply to
F Murtz

My Samsung has a similar-sounding shadow that shows up on darker colours at the edge of the screen, and it is slowly getting worse. I suspect something disturbing the backlighting.

Chris Bartram

I tried massaging the screen gently and thought it was better for a while but it is not.

F Murtz

Sounds like you have smoked a couple of pixels or more :)

I bet it looks like soot? :)

Reply to
Jamie

I found out it is something called mura.

Reply to
F Murtz

And here is a picture similar to mine.

F Murtz