Toshiba Laptop, dead screen, LCD power supply question

Greetings,

I have a Toshiba Satellite that the LCD display has gone out, looks like the florescent tube, screen looks like it is displaying, very dim.... I removed the 4 screws around the corner of the bezel and popped it loose, that gave me access to the LCD screen and the High Voltage power supply for the screen light. It looks like it got a little warm about mid way on the H0504532 (U2) IC Chip, 8 pin SMT and I found the fuse open on this same PCB. I was wondering if, perhaps, the fuse just let go, looks like a 1 or 2 amp fuse element, can't really see the number on it, kind of looks F0 (it is a surface mount fuse). I have fixed a couple of the flat screens by only replacing the fuse and checking and replacing any toasted caps. I was wondering if, these Toshiba laptops have that same type of failure.

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Reply to
Markus

Replace the fuse, 2A is the largest I'd go. If it blows again then something else is wrong.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi Markus...

Which model number do you have? And is it a Satellite, or Satellite Pro?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ken,

It is a Satellite 3000-S353 (system unit) with a part # of PS300U-03YKN2E.

Hope that this helps, thanks in advance,

Markus

Reply to
Markus