Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- toshiba 37" lcd
January 26, 2010, 10:20 am
rate this thread
my Toshiba 37" lcd tv screen has a dark curved blurry mark about 150mm
long 10 mm wide at widest part,near centre of screen.
It is only visible in certain screen colours,not pure white but an
overall off white.It is not very visible during normal watching,only
when screen is light over the area of the mark.
It is not on the surface.
Any ideas why ? Is it likely to get worse?
Re: toshiba 37" lcd
Does it change shape or disappear when you put slight pressure on the screen
near that spot?
I've taken apart faulty LCD screens and noticed they're made of several
sheets of plastic.
Some are light dispersant & some are Polaroid/polarised sheets over the
"sandwich like" glass enchased liquid crystals.
I'm guessing these sheets may have sagged /stretched due to heating from
operation of the LCD, or due to gravity. Ie. Rather than being flat, the
sheet is slightly warped or curved.
Gently press on the spot to flatten it & see if that makes any difference,
if it does that's your answer.
- » Re: A Street View of Google Street View Vehicle in detail.
- — Next thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Multibus 1 - scheda prolunga - dove trovarla?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Hobby (Italian)
- » [OT] Cartello videosorveglianza, ma senza videosorveglianza
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Hobby (Italian)