Toshiba 21S04BG, colour tearing when warm

Toshiba 21S04BG CRT TV: after about 5 minutes the green starts to tear on highlights and the picture develops an even mild-greenish hue.

Setting the colour saturation to 0% gives a well balanced monochrome picture with no colour hue.

Power-cycling the set in the 'warm' condition rights the problem for ~15 seconds, as does selecting a different preset colour 'temperature' setting using the OSD.

Before I reach for the freezer spray, can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks Andrew

--
Andrew
Reply to

Ditto! Andrew I am getting exactly the same fault as you on my Toshiba 21S04BG set and am trying to find out the problem.

George

Reply to
MCP

George, It's good to know I'm not alone with this fault!

I'm hoping that if we've both got this problem then it could be a common fault with this chassis with a known resolution. Oh well, here's hoping that someone will come along with a "Check X,Y & Z" type fix for us.

It's been over 15yrs since I repaired brown goods fulltime so I'm quite out of touch. That said, I'll try and put some time into this over the weekend and make some progress.

Reply to
Andrew

Make sure the service switch, likely on the crt board, is ok, & check solder connections on the main board, as well as the crt board. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man