To Kip. Sony KV-32S40

I know I haven't fixed the problem on the unit.....that's why I'm here looking for clues. I did resolder the horizontal drive, & anywhere else a bad connection was found. Replaced the horiz. drive capacitor, but didn't have the VDR used in this set. It measured open circuit, & it SHOULD be ok. I used a variac to slowly ramp up the 120 volt ac input, pix was perfect, but only 30 secs later...it gently blew all the parts. They never even got hot, just slightly warm. They were generic parts from Mat I think. I know some Sony's don't like generic. Would Sony originals have fixed it? Do you have any tips? Thanks. Dani.

Reply to
Dani

From sad experience, I never use generic parts in this circuit. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Don't use the MAT parts. Unless you have accounts setup with reputable semiconductor distributors ( B & D , Prelco...etc) Get the OEM Sony parts to end your nightmare.

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics