Couple of dogs!

JVC AV-32FA44: Goes dead, just as you get a perfect picture. Talked to JVC Tech, he said it's the over voltage feedback loop, but I can't find anything bad after doing the following repair. If I bypass the standby relay, the unit works fine but of course, no front panel function. Ideas?

D 432 SHORTED,Q431 OPEN,C973 BLOWN APART,THESE ARE PART OF OCP SHUTDOWN CIRCUIT,HAD 4.04 VOLTS ON OCP LINE, SHOULD BE LOW,PUMP UP OUT OF VERTICAL IC PIN 7 SHOULD KEEP Q431 TURNED ON

Reply to
Dani

JVC AV-32FA44: Goes dead, just as you get a perfect picture. Talked to JVC Tech, he said it's the over voltage feedback loop, but I can't find anything bad after doing the following repair. If I bypass the standby relay, the unit works fine but of course, no front panel function. Ideas?

D 432 SHORTED,Q431 OPEN,C973 BLOWN APART,THESE ARE PART OF OCP SHUTDOWN CIRCUIT,HAD 4.04 VOLTS ON OCP LINE, SHOULD BE LOW,PUMP UP OUT OF VERTICAL IC PIN 7 SHOULD KEEP Q431 TURNED ON

Sony KV-32S40 dead, with MX0841B reg IC, 0.1 ohm fusible, 2SC5148 horizontal output bad, I didn't have a VDR 602, & it measured ok...open circuit. Put it on the variac, slowly ramping up the voltage, perfect pix, & sound....few seconds later...gently blew all parts. They idn't even get hot. Flyback bad? Didn't get time to scope the horizontal waveform. Did I miss something?

JVC AV-32720 shorted D 531, replace, blows right away. Can't get to measure anything. Ideas?

Reply to
Dani

On the JVC Check these :

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

JVC AV32FA44

Shut Down / High Voltage No Go

Y.M. Electronique Enr.

Have 2 Caps Blew C973 (10uf 50v. ) And C432 (47uf 25v. ) And Bad Smd Transistor Q431.Marked (8b) Located Backside Board. The Cause Of Destruction Was "Lost Ground" In The P.S. Bad Solder On Jumper W624 .

On the Sony ......did you resolder the driver tranny? Also check for a short on the 200V supply for the CRT driver IC

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

SONY KV32S40

Dead. No Power Up. Timer Light Flashing

Jeff Stielau :2/12/03 :Shoreline Electronics Repair

Horizontal Output Transistor Shorted 2sc5148 : Replace It Caused By Cracked Solder Connections On Horizontal Drive Transform : Resolder It. On Power Supply Board , Mx0841 Dual Transistor Pack Shorted : Replace It

0.1 Ohm Fusible Resistor Open On Power Supply Baord : Replace It

On the JVC....are you using the correct replacement? Also change the cap listed:

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

JVC AV32720

Dead, No Relay Click

Bay Electronics, Inc.

C926, 16v 1000ufd (High Esr)

JVC AV32720

Dead. Relay Keeps Clicking, Power Light Keeps Flashing.

Robinson Electronics

Replaced "Shorted" Diode - D531 #Rh3g

==========================
Jeff Stielau
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Yes on The Sony resolder hor drive trany and all areas around the flyback. Whilst in there resolder vertical IC..and Horiz drive transistor.

Reply to
kip

Thanks for all the input. I did all that on each unit, but no go. Thanks again. Dani. Anyone else got something I missed?

Dani wrote:

Reply to
Dani