Tektronix TDS210

I have a Tektronix TDS210 that powers up, the bakclight and the display seem to work, but I dont get anything on the display. I got this from work and it was given to me because it is said to be unecconomical to repair. The calibration place said it needs a new board (I assume the mainboard) and it would be about 600.00. I don't have another scope to check it out with but was wondering if anyone has seen the same problem and might know what would fix it (component level). I don't have a schematic for it either but that would help too if someone knows where to find one.

Thanks

Reply to
gorehound

The BAMA boat anchor site has a huge Tek folder of schematics.

Reply to
ian field

I would start by checking for simple problems like correct power supply voltages (probably 3.3v, or 5v). If you can get access to a scope, check to see if any crystals on the board are oscillating. Check for bad soldering and obviously damaged components. Look for any surface mount fuses on the board. Even with complex equipment, I find that 8 out of 10 times it's something simple. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

"ian field" wrote in news:%kEMg.23939$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:

AFAIK,TEK never published schematics for -any- of the TDS series scopes,- except IIRC,the TDS300s for the US Military,under terms of a purchase contract,with a USMil Tech Order(T.O.) part number,no TEK p/n.

The TDS series were intended to be module-exchange or "repair and return" of assemblies only.(with a good chance your assembly gets lost!)

I'm not certain the TDS200 series is still under support,either. I believe not.

will tell you,under "long term product support".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sounds like you may have access to more scopes of the same make and model. If so, comparison (using a third scope for checking) is straightforward. Check power supplies and crystals. And above all, check for loose connections, broken traces, broken solder joints, etc.

Reply to
mc