tv no power

My Toshiba 36A43 built in 2003 doesn't power up.There was a power outage here,but turned the main breaker off till power came on.But there must have been a power surge after.Tv came on,then went off by itself,then on then off for good.Tried different outlet,and checked power cord,it was okay.Checked four(4) fuses inside,they were all good.What else can I check.I'm 600 miles from the nearest repair center,and that is by airplane at $700 round trip,so I have to figure this out or get a new tv.Thanks

Reply to
cliffbendixen

First I can see no reason to think a 'power surge' had anything to do with it.

Either the smpsu is dead or its going into protect mode due to detecting a problem elsewhere in the set. Realistically with your electronic repair skill level I dont think youre going to fix it, unless youve got more knowledge than youre mentioning.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Its common for gear with an SMPSU to fail after an outage, especially if its in standby rather than unplugged when not in use - the electrolytics cool down, then ESR rears it's ugly head!!!

Reply to
ian field

First ohm out the power cord, then plug it in and check the output of the power supply. Make sure the cabinet kill switch is bypassed if it has one.

--

If a group's goal is the complete destruction of free people
then extermination is the only choice and shouldn't be delayed.

Claude Hopper
Reply to
Claude