Tektronix TDS210 firmware?

I've googled and dead-ended on this one, maybe someone in this group can help.

I have an original TDS210 digital scope with the original V1.0 firmware and the Communications module is V1.02. I have used other TDS210's with newer firmware and I want to upgrade my V1.0. I want to do this myself so does anybody know what is required to upgrade the firmware for this unit?

TIA

*Peter*
Reply to
Peter Jakacki

I have V1.09 ... :)

I do not believe this was user-upgradable :(

Reply to
larwe

I have v1.17 - anyone know what the differences are? Bug frixes, enhancements?

I haven't opened mine - anyone looked inside? I would guess that the code is in a nice fat ROM or flash ... but there may be PLD updates or even circuit changes, so just changing the code might result in a frankenscope... Does Tektronix offer an upgrade kit?

The TDS210 service manual is available online (I found it with a bit of googling) - it may have notes about hardware differences of various versions.

How useful do you find the COMMS module?

Dave

PS: In case anyone isn't aware, early model TDS210s are subject to a safety related factory recall - check with Tektronix if you haven't already.

--
Dunfield Development Services         http://www.dunfield.com
Low cost software development tools for embedded systems

I had to repair my scope awhile back and I took some shots for reference, this is the cpu board:-

Do you have a link?

Can't really answer that, but if you had asked me how useless I find it, well....

I didn't bother, it was an earthing issue.

*Peter*
Reply to
Peter Jakacki

Thanks - I'm interested in seeing it, however I get a "forbidden" page when I try to access it...

:-) Thats about what I thought.

Dave

--
Dunfield Development Services         http://www.dunfield.com
Low cost software development tools for embedded systems
Software/firmware development services       Fax:613-256-5821
Reply to
Dave Dunfield

How bizarre, same thing happened to me. Here, I have fixed the permissions, try again -

*Peter*

Dave Dunfield wrote:

Reply to
Peter Jakacki

No, still forbidden :(

Reply to
larwe

There was a hiccup and it should be ok however here is another link

*Peter*
Reply to
Peter Jakacki

An M68K? Neat.