Tektronix 210 blank screen

Hi,

I saw a previous message from "gorehound" back in september regarding a blank screen problem on a TDS210 but I cant reply to that message cause its older than 30 days so I've started a new one.

Mine has just gone bang too, I have the backlight but nothing else appears.

Gorehound, did you manage to resolve ur problems? If you did I'd be interested to know what your fix was... else I spoke to Tektronix and a helpful guy there gave me a parts list if you want to do it yourself...

Its...

400 + shipping and VAT for a full repair and calibration. 45 for a new LCD 65 New PSU 400 for the motherboard

I have all the part numbers etc if you need them.

Cheers

Justin.

Reply to
Jus

Thank you for your reply. You got better quotes from them then I did on the main board. I think I have the problem traced to a(I think it's an A-D)chip on the mainboard. I have no schematic and they seem to use Techtronix part numbers etched on their chips whichs makes it hard for me to cross reference. It sucks because I can't afford the 600.00 (what they quoted me) for the main board.

Thanks again. Shane

Reply to
gorehound

"gorehound" wrote in news:eaa4a$45528c64$4b75f282$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

If you have the *Tektronix* part number,order that number from TEK. If it's not orderable,they will tell you. (perhaps you could ask who the manufacturer is,and their part number.[cross-ref])

TEK part number format; xxx-xxxx-xx. Commercial-purchased ICs are 156-xxxx-xx. Custom TEK-programmed ICs are 160-xxxx-xx or 165-xxxx-xx.

TEK no longer has any IC manufacturing itself;No more TEK-made ICs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Yanik schrieb:

Hi there,

well AFAIR Tektronix does only do repair on the basis of "module swapping". Which might be okay for a TDS210: here are not many parts to replace, most stuff is surface mount and the main A/D is part of a near postcardsize board.

So, if you look into ebay you are often lucky to get a comlete and working TDS210 for less than 600 USD/ 400 Euros. YMMV

hth, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman

Yes, but there are still TEK custom designed chips in the instruments.

Reply to
Kurt Krueger

Kurt Krueger wrote in news:i6I4h.36993$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Then the Q is "do they have real TEK part numbers etched on them?"

If so,they may be orderable from TEK.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Yanik

They will be identifiable. I don't know what numbering scheme is used, as I don't have any newer instruments.

Reply to
Kurt Krueger

I checked with tek support and they will only sell the main board. I was wrong when I said the tek # was etched on the chip, it is silk screened on there along with the National Semi part number ADG322B and the other ADG321C which I have not been able to cross reference. Parts Miner and the Likes have a min. order of at least 250.00, but I don't believe they have the parts anyway. Anyone know of any other places that might have hard to find chips?

Thanks Shane

Reply to
gorehound

"gorehound" wrote in news:58cfb$4554ea58$4b75f282$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

Just for grins,what was the TEK p/n silkscreened on the IC?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Yanik

156-7045-00 is the ADG322B, and 156-7046-00 is the ADG321C. I have actually been speaking with Tektronix support for the past couple of days. I am not sure how it will turn out, but I will keep you posted if you're interested.

Shane

Reply to
gorehound