What is this analyzer?

Figured I'd ask here as well as anywhere. Manufacturer's name is Millennium Systems, Inc., model number A02-D2-02-XX-XX. Here's a pic:

It was given to me, I mainly wanted it for the two ZIFF sockets, but before I dismantle it I wanted to see if it had any historical significance. I can supply more detail pics if needed.

Thanks!

JazzMan

--

********************************************************** Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net. Curse those darned bulk e-mailers! ********************************************************** "Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand. It is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy." - Wendell Berry **********************************************************
Reply to

It is a MicroSystem Analyzer manufactured by Millennium Systems Inc., Cupertino, CA around 1979.

It attaches to the processor of a microprocessor under evaluation and is used to observe and display data associated with its operation. It has a limited ability to influence program content and execution. I don't know what microprocessors it supported (think 1978-80 timeframe).

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Ok, sounds proprietary and obscure enough to not have any particular value. I'll be stripping it out for parts over the next few days.

Thanks!

JazzMan

Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!
JazzMan

Might wanna see if anyone wants it first, I don't know if it has any value as a unit but the pair of zif sockets is only worth about $10.

Reply to
James Sweet

Any idea who might want something like this? I'd happily trade it for a few parts like the ZIF sockets. I was rummaging through the bag o' stuff that came with it and it has pods for both an 8048 and 6802 processors. I assume the former is Intel and the latter Motorola.

JazzMan

Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!
JazzMan

Inc.,

and is

has a

value

That does sound pretty old and obscure, not sure what all used those CPU's. At any rate it looks like a fairly neat package, you could build something interesting out of it.

Reply to
James Sweet

E-bay.

--