Technics SL QL1 radial linear tracking vinyl deck

Perished "rubber" mat , the generic replacement one I replaced it with is not working with the 3 IR ? LEDs for automatic monitoring of presence of a record and its size. What is special about the proper Technics one that differentiates between mat and vinyl. Or is there likely to be an adjustment under the deck?, the ,new to it mat, looks decidely matt to me, compared to glossy vinyl.

N Cook

Doesn't the old mat have several holes coresponding to the size of the record, and photocels beneath the platter?

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

is

adjustment

Snap, about an hour ago I realised the 3 small radial slots either side of the mat line up with the LEDs above the record/platter and also holes in the platter so matter of cutting holes and adding rear locators to the mat for alignment. There are 2 VR accessible via a rear plate but presumably 33 and 45 rpm adjust.

N Cook

is

adjustment

Now I have it back working fully, there are 3 ordinary red LED under the platter and 3 LED looking opto-trannie/diode? receivers above, on the lid section. So just masking off them and taping down the cover closure microswith allows exposed to work on operation.

N Cook