Tech:Sony Trinitron TV Shutoff

I have a 1995 Sony Trinitron 32" TV, model # KV-32S16.

The problem is the TV seems to work fine. After a few minutes the whole entire TV shuts off. You have to unplug it for 10secs or so and then you can plug it back in and it comes back on - wash, rinse, repeat.

Any ideas? TIA

Thomas

Reply to
Docrotcod

One more thing: Right before it shuts off the screen goes completely green. At one point I turned it on and it was all green and then finally shut itsself off again.

TIA

Thomas

Reply to
Docrotcod

Common problem, bad picture tube. Slim chance the intermittent short can be blasted out of the guns in the tube by a proper crt rejuvinator short removal feature. More likely it will need a new picture tube in order to permanently fix the issue, not cost effective.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Ok I sounds right. Tell me what you think of this please - I pulled the neck board off and the TV stayed running (had high voltage, etc).... This is definitely signs of a shorted/bad tube correct?

TIA

Thomas

Reply to
Docrotcod

Tell me what you think of this please - I pulled the

yep

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

MCM and other distributors. Chuck