Talking about Target stores

Reply to
M Berger

Learn current events: They don't teach their kids about the world, they teach hatred. Hatred grows best with illiteracy.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Their literacy IS teaching HATRED. Wake up and smell the Holly Berries!

BINGO!

Reply to
Radiosrfun

Yes, DAV #85 does play bingo, Saturday mornings and Monday evenings. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OK - so to keep in the theme - you Michael - are a real card! :)

Our Fire Department has bingo one night a week. I don't know HOW - anyone can sit for that length of time! Man oh man - my butt would be sore as hell. I work it and I sit in a leather chair and even at that - I have a time of it sitting that long. I have to get up several times just to keep my butt from going numb.

Lou

Reply to
Radiosrfun

Lou, my sense of humor is real, and it has served me well over the last six years as my job disappeared, my health failed, and I was declared 100% disabled. Without it, I probably wouldn't still be here.

As far as working the Bingo games, I haven't been well enough, but I do some other things for the group. I know what you mean about sitting. I have circulation problems in my legs I can't stand very long, and I can't sit very long. It drives other people crazy, but what can you do?

I was called up for Jury duty recently. The summons state that they required a letter from your doctor to be excused, or that you are 65 or older. My VA doctor refused to sign, because I wasn't scheduled to be in the hospital on that day.

I dragged myself to the courthouse before daylight, where the clerk told me, "Oh, you only need to show us papers that you are 100% disabled before the day you are to appear, and you are excused for life!" I was excused about lunchtime, after countless trips around the waiting room, and trips to the rest room, because of the high blood pressure medicine, and diuretics. What a strange day. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Man, that had to suck!

Reply to
Radiosrfun

Explains the fundies and their enthusiasm for home-schooling.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I used to climb two way radio towers, work on 60 foot ladders wile installing commercial sound systems, and in a work basket over high lift forklifts. When I was young, I delivered those '60s and '70s console color TVs by myself, sometimes to a third floor, without an elevator. I worked about 12 hours a day, 8 for pay, and 4 or more in my home shop. I never planned to retire. Instead, I was planning to keep working in my

1200square foot home shop by repairing antique electronics, and doing contract assembly work building prototypes for a number of small companies. That ended with the long term illness, and having most of my shop equipment destroyed by two years of hurricanes doing damage to the shop building.

Then, almost two years ago I got that letter from the VA, awarding my

100% disability. Let me tell you that it was a real blow to read the line, "It is obvious that due the the list of medical problems, and his age, this person will never be able to work again." Talk about mixed blessings. Even though it would pay most of the bills, it was one of the worst days of my life. That's why I crack all of the bad jokes, and some days I have almost zero tolerance for the idiots and trolls.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Totally understandable. Well, I wish you all the best - and keep doing what ever it is you're doing.

Lou

Reply to
Radiosrfun

Thanks. You do the same. :)