Swapping inverter and traditional magnetrons.

The new style inverter circuits are a godsend for guys like me with bad backs. No heavy transformer and capacitor.

Curiously, these ovens use magnetrons that look very much like the old style versions. The antenna, flanges, housing, connections all look very familiar.

But what about electrically? Aside from the usual warnings, I'm interested in knowing if inverter circuits can drive old style magnetrons, everything else being equal (wattage, antenna height and shape etc.)

Or is there some fundamental reason why this can't be done. In other words, what exactly is the difference, if any, between the magnetrons.

Dennis Harper snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
distar97