Panasonic Magnetrons

I have a few new Panasonic microwave ovens that need magnetrons. The going price for new magnetrons is $44. These ovens have some cosmetic problems so I have to sell them at a discount after replacing the magnetrons.

So I'm looking for someone who has a stash of cheap magnetrons. Contact me off-list for details.

Dennis snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
distar97

If they've got cosmetic problems just part them out, $44 is a decent price for a magnetron, microwave ovens are so cheap now there's no point in working on them if they aren't nice ones in good shape.

Reply to
James Sweet

If you're planning to repair and sell used microwaves, it's worth stocking up on good used magnetrons from scrap units. There's only a few basic types of magnetrons (different physical mounting). Generally, if it fits, it will work. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Thanks for the advice. I'm not making a business of this but these ovens are simply too clean to dump. They only lack warranty cards, etc. In fact some are still in (open) boxes. Built in

2004, the Panasonic model number is NN-T774SF which is the inverter type (no heavy transformer), 1.6 cube, 1200W, SS finish. The magnetrons are definitely failed as I can see the magnets are cracked into 2 or 3 segments. The bad ovens work with magnetrons from known good ovens. The label on the magnetrons say Samsung OM75PI(21), I come up with a Panasonic cross ref of 2M261-M32J. I feel lower power, perhaps 1000W, will be far more reliable.

Since we all know new microwaves are so cheap as to be considered not worth repairing, I'm hoping to find someone that realizes even $44 is too much these days for most ovens. (My ovens have $99 retail stickers on them) The mags and ovens are not likely to go up in value. Some need glass plates which also brings my costs up. I recognize I will end up keeping a couple of ovens for parts. Two units are flawed cosmetically a bit too much.

As I said, I'm not in the microwave business and can hardly expect to get much for ovens with no papers, box etc. but regardless these ovens are just too good to ignore and dump. I took one(working oven) for myself, one for my partner, gave one to my wifes school and expect to donate the others as well. I'll find good homes for them but only if I can find some used magnetrons that will fit with a little reasonable, safe mod work (which I can do). I can supply pics and measurements of the magnetrons if anyone is interested in making a deal for mags they feel they will never sell otherwise.

Thanks, Dennis snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
distar97