Still need these tubes for my drug store tube tester

Late era TV tubes. I pay shipping + nominal pricing. Must be in original boxes. Terry

3DZ4 medium mu triode 6BK7/6BQ7 twin triode uhf preamp 6BS8 dual triode 6DS4 triode rf amp 6EV5 sharp cutoff tetrode vhf amp 6GK6 beam power pentode audio/video amp 6KD8 triode pentode vhf osc mixer 10JV8 10JY8 triode pentode sync vid amp 12AE6 double diode triode det amp car radio 12AF6 pentode amp car radio 12DS7 duplex diode tetrode auto radio 12K5 tetrode auto radio pwr amp 15CW5 pentode af amp 36AM3 1/2 wave rectifier 2AS2 hv rect 6AF11 double triode pentode agc sync video amp 6AL11 beam power pentode fm det & audio 6AR11 twin pentode if amp 6AX3 damper diode 6EW7 double triode v osc v amp 6HE5 pentode v amp 6Q11/6K11 triple triode sync clipper & agc 12AY3 1/2 wave rect damper 5U4/5V3 full wave rect 6BY5 double diode damper, rect 6DQ6 beam pentode h defl amp 6GT5 beam pentode h defl amp 6GW6 beam pentode h defl amp 6JE6 beam pentode h defl amp 21HJ5 beam pentode h defl amp 25CD6/25DN6 beam pentode h defl amp
Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Aren't drug store pyrex glass tubes used for smoking rock cocaine?

Reply to
bruce2bowser

I can see it now...

"Dude, you gotta load that kush into this beam power tube, it's a blast".

Reply to
jurb6006

Is everybody here too young to know what a drugstore tube tester is? Damn! The drugstore testers were crap; you needed to go to the REAL electronics store and use the REAL tube tester if you were serious.

I hope the guy is trying to put together an old one, complete with its proper complement of replacement tubes. We shouldn't forget our history.

--
Cheers, Bev
          Horn broken.  Watch for finger.

Many were set so that a tube that was on the low end of being good would show up as bad. More sales that way.

It always paid to plug in the new tube just to see how well it tested. If not much difference, keep the old one.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

That's exactly what Terry is up to.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

istory.

Thanks Jeff.

I am filling the drawers :

s/72157674341385913

32 tubes to go.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Excellent!

--
Cheers, Bev
   When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

A lot of this stuff is down-right microscopic today. Or will be pretty soon.

Reply to
bruce2bowser

** Sought after by Ampeg guitar amp owners, damn had to fine any. 12-pin Compactron used in the tone circuits.
** I have just one of these in good condition with box.

Tens of thousands used in Aussie B&W TV sets in the 1960s.

Also used as a P-P output pair in some Australian made guitar amps rated at 40 watts ( see Goldentone or Playmaster) has an anode cap so eliminates the chance of socket flash overs.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I love it when the guitar amp guys review tubes as if they are fine coffees or beers.

"A warm sound, rich in dramatic overtones, just the essential level of comforting distortion. Tasteful notes of chocolate and ginger, with a lingering smooth afterglow of mossy oak and a slightly pungent woodsy ambiance."

Guess I won't be finding THAT tube for my tester.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Hello Terry,

Main Electronics in Vancouver, Canada had a large collection of tubes in their basement. The business is gone but contacts for the tubes are at the foot of this page.

John's Jukes also had an extensive collection of vintage parts. They remain in business.

John's Jukes, 7-3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC V5J 5E3

Regards, ... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter Easthope

Thank you Peter!

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

You mean your tester doesn't have a chocolate and ginger meter ?

Primitive device...

Reply to
jurb6006

Needs Monster cables to work properly. I thought everybody knew that.

--
Cheers, Bev
    "We thought about one of those discount store caskets, but,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Real Bev

I bought up most of Main Electronics' semiconductors, potentiometers, relays, wire, fuses, Velleman kits, and other odds and ends. Hope to add it all to the online store over the next while.

The tubes went to another person, who I understand picked out what he wanted then sold off the rest. I had considered buying the tubes, but hadn't a clue what to offer, they had several thousand of them mostly NOS. So I let them go to a tube guy.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Robertson
11 part numbers left to find! Please help me close this project out.

Terry

3DZ4 medium mu triode 2AS2 hv rect 6HE5 pentode v amp 6Q11/6K11 triple triode sync clipper & agc 12AY3 1/2 wave rect damper 6BY5 double diode damper, rect 6GT5 beam pentode h defl amp 6GW6 beam pentode h defl amp 6JE6 beam pentode h defl amp 21HJ5 beam pentode h defl amp 25CD6/25DN6 beam pentode h defl amp
Reply to
Terry Schwartz

You might want to contact this guy on CL. He doesn't give a list but if you offer him more money he will probably try to find what you want.

jurb6006
2AS2 6Q/K11

Those are ones I have heard of.

6JE6

That one I know, used many of them. it was superseded by the 6LQ6 and then the last better one was the 6MJ6. I know that is not the point.

Some techs said that using the MJ for a JE would burn up the flyback. Of co urse because the H out is running brute force and it was shunt regulated. I THINK those used the 6BK4. You could see a red glow in them when the brigh tness was turned down, and it darkening when the brightness it up.

I don't want to get into it too much but, if the MJ pulls more of the B+ ac ross that primary then it makes more ... power. That is totally wasted in t he shunt regulator.

There came lines of replacement flybacks and some of the were pretty good. Encapsulated instead of waxed, sturdier terminals. I usually want OEM but w hen the replacement is actually better... Now with a higher quality replace ment flyback it can probably take an MJ with no problem. Then a better damp er tube was called for. I THINK maybe, those sets came with a 6DW4 but ther e was another one you could use that was better, 6CJ3 maybe ? There was als o an upgrade for the 6BK4, which I bought. I always bought the highest in t he family of tubes and carried that practice to transistors. You want 10 2S D1554, 10 2SD1555, 10 2SD556. You get a price break on the 1556 at 20, so y ou order them at more money to get the shittier versions ? Hell no, you ord er the 1556s.

Reply to
jurb6006

Mission accomplished! The tester slots are full, and no further tubes are needed. Thanks to all of you who helped me fill the tester drawers!

Terry

Reply to
Terry Schwartz