Tube tester?

Hi:

Looking for recomendations on buying a used tube tester - would prefer something that will handle high current TV tubes (late 50s 60s).

What do you like? What to avoid?

Also where to buy? eBay?

Thanks,

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian asked:

There are any number of TV-service-shop-grade testers available, but it depends on how thoroughly you want to test. If you really mean a test at high current, only the Hickok Cardmatic models could run them at their full emission rating. But it's probably easier to whomp up your own test rig, than to restore a Cardmatic from scratch. If you only want to separate the good tubes from the bad, any emssion tester will do pretty well, even a lowly Heathkit or Eico.

The subject comes up every month or so in the Antique Radio Forum:

With some recommendations of people who restore and sell testers.

Or for an extended discussion of the merits of various testing methods and tube-tester models, I wrote a book "Tube Testers and Classic Electronic Test Gear." Available from the usual suspects or from Antique Radio Classified magazine:

73, Alan
Reply to
Alan Douglas

Alan Douglas wrote

Thanks Alan - good information, just what I was looking for.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Best regards,

Brian

Reply to