Still can't find replacement speaker for Mitsubishi TV.

I am looking for an OEM or comparable replacement speaker for a Mitsubishi tv model CK-31302. Mitsubishi doesn't carry it anymore and Radio Shack doesn't have it either.Are there any online dealers or dealers in the San Gabriel Valley area of Southern California who might have it? The speaker is a 4" round type, 8 ohm, 3w per channel front firing, shielded, rca pin type.If this helps, the part # is

480-P383060. The # on the magnet is GW-204/8S. Thanks.
Reply to
shareyourknowledge

Remove the old speakers, and go to any of the local eletronics parts suppliers to see if they can match them to something close enough to mount inside of the set. It is very important that the impedance matches. I would recomend to change the speakers on both sides at the same time, to keep the sound the same on both sides. It is also important that the ones you put in, are magneticaly shielded, in order to not magnetize the mask of the CRT.

I don't know for this model, but some of these sets were 40 to 60 ohms. Not all of them were 4, 6, or 8 ohms.

You may find it more feasible to completly remove the speakers in the set, and mount some speaker terminals on the rear of the set. You just have to extend the speaker wires to the rear terminals that you can connect a pair of external speakers.

Reply to
Jerry G.

you may save yourself the most hassle, (or if you dont find the speakers at all), by simply using the headphone socket of the set if it has one, and connecting that signal to the tape input of a hifi amp. You'd get more lifelike audio anyway!

ben